I love Rice Krispie Treats! I may have made and eaten an entire pan all on my own once or twice. Now, when you throw peanut butter, Karos syrup and butterscotch in the mix it turns into a little bit of heaven in your mouth. The Karos syrup in this recipe gives the Scotcheroos a sweet and chewy texture with just the right about of saltiness from the peanut butter. Since this recipe is so quick and easy and you probably have most of the items already in your pantry it makes for the perfect solution for a last minute treat that is sure to impress.
Don’t these look amazing?! My husband doesn’t even like butterscotch, but the flavor is so perfectly, mild that I can’t keep him away from these. I can tell you that these didn’t even last 24 hours in our house and I bet they will go quick in yours as well. Feel free to make an extra batch to stash away for yourself!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Be careful not to over cook mixture or your treats will be really tough to chew. Stir in peanut butter. Mix well. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let stand until firm. Cut into 12 bars when cool.
- Before measuring the corn syrup, coat your measuring cup with cooking spray--the syrup will pour easily out of the cup.